A delegation from Ironhouse Sanitary District attended the CASA Washington DC Policy Forum from February 23rd to 26th in February 2020.
The attendees learned of new initiatives aimed at protecting our water and infrastructure from emerging challenges like plastic, medical, and chemical waste.
While in DC the group reached out to the local representatives with visits to the offices of:
- Senator Mazie Hirono - Hawai’i (in President Obama's former office)
- Senator Diane Feinstein - California
- Representative Tulsi Gabbard - Hawai’i
- Representative Grace Napolitano – California
- Committee on Natural Resources, Subcommittee on Water, Oceans, and Wildlife.
Keeping the lines of communication open with our representatives in the Federal Government is essential when it comes time to advocate for funding of our current and future projects.
February 25, 2020 - Ironhouse's President, Dawn Morrow, Assistant General Manager Tyson Zimmerman, and General Manager Chad Davisson met with State and Federal Representatives in Washington DC.